Earth Day this Sun., April 22 – Recyclables To BringPosted on April 20, 2018
Get Your Spring Clean On!
Come Drop Off Below Items for Recycling/Reuse!
13th Annual Earth Day Fair on Sunday, April 22, 2018, Noon to 3 PM. This year’s free Fair will be held at Skillman Park after the Run with Rotary. In addition to providing many recycling opportunities, this year’s fair will bring back family entertainment and educational tables.
The event will be held at Skillman Park, between Larocque Circle and Village Elementary School (GPS: ~150 Main Blvd, Skillman, NJ 08558 – see https://www.runwithrotary.org/Maps/p/781/)
This year’s Recycling Fair will again provide collections for recycling a great variety of items.* Here is the final list of what we can accept:
- Paper documents for secure shredding (staples & paper clips are ok, but no newspapers or binders)
- Electronics (anything with a cord.) Old but working computers & tablets will be donated to Trenton Digital Initiative.
- Expired/unwanted medications – to be collected by the Somerset County Sheriff’s Office
- Flower pots
- ‘Like new’ office supplies (pens, markers, highlighters, notebooks)
- Spent pens, markers, highlighters, and plastic utensils – to be collected by the MHS Environmental Club for recycling by Terracycle
- Printer/toner cartridges
- Sneakers, soccer, softball & baseball equipment – to Kicks4Caribya, on behalf of disadvantaged Caribbean communities
- Tennis equipment (racquets, covers, bags) – for national Junior Tennis and Learning of Trenton
- Children’s books – Carolyn Stokes Preschool, a Trenton area preschool library
- Bicycles for Boys & Girls Club bike program
- Clothing & shoes (new or gently used) – to benefit the Rescue Mission of Trenton
- Business attire – for Dress for Success (women) and UIH Family Partners (men)
- Golf Clubs – for First Tee of Raritan Valley
- Personal hygiene products (new items only) including: chapstick, toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, shaving cream, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, soap, comb/brush, feminine hygiene products
*Please note, no other waste or recycables will be accepted (e.g. plastic, paint cans, batteries, wood, household hazardous waste) except the items listed above. See the Township’s Container Facility regulations for disposal of items that are not recyclable, not hazardous waste, and that cannot be collected by their trash hauler. For disposal of items such as household chemicals go to Somerset County Household Hazardous Waste Days page.
Also, we are asking residents who participate in the Earth Day Fair to please bring a donation for the Montgomery Food Pantry. Any non-perishable item is welcome, but the following are suggestions of much needed items:
Paper products (napkins, paper towels, toilet paper)
Canned tuna & canned chicken
Cake & brownie mix, frosting
If you have questions, please contact Environmental Commission/Sustainable Montgomery member Frank Derby at firstname.lastname@example.org or Montgomery Open Space Coordinator Lauren Wasilauski at email@example.com. Brought to you by the Montgomery Township Environmental Commission and Sustainable Montgomery, in conjunction with the Montgomery / Rocky Hill Rotary Club. Thank you!