10 Outstanding Women to be Honored Mar. 10 by CountyPosted on March 2, 2017
Montgomery resident Meg Helms honored in Business Category
Tickets are on sale for the 2017 Outstanding Women in Somerset County awards dinner sponsored by the county Commission on the Status of Women.
This year’s program will be held Friday, March 10, at The Imperia at 1714 Easton Ave., Somerset. A cash bar at 6 p.m. will be followed by a buffet dinner at 7 p.m. Tickets are $55 per person. Advance reservations are required by Feb. 24; no reservations will be taken at the door. For a reservation form or more information, contact commission member Marti Kalko at (908) 385-7948 or Papayak@aol.com or visit http://bit.ly/2017WomenDinner to print the form.
“We have many women in Somerset County doing amazing things every day,” said Freeholder Patricia Walsh, commission liaison. “It is most appropriate that during Women’s History Month, we take the time to publicly recognize them and say thank you.”
Honorees are women who live in Somerset County. This year’s recipients by category are:
- Arts/Entertainment/Sports – Caren Frost and Carolyn Kelly, both of Basking Ridge
- Business/Entrepreneurs/Information Technology – Dr. Ahu Yildirmaz of Warren and Margaret E. Helms of Montgomery
- Education – Mary Bridgeman of Hillsborough
- Government/Public/Social Service – Carol Manuele Bianchi of Basking Ridge
- Hometown Hero – Jody D’Agostini of Basking Ridge
- Medicine – Sally Steele Hoben of Bound Brook
- Volunteerism – Sue Ferranti of Branchburg and Kathleen I. Piedici of Basking Ridge
To read more about each of the honorees, go to: https://www.co.somerset.nj.us/Home/ShowDocument?id=21673
Source: Somerset County Office of Public Information